Your style digi is not work with extension

Discussion in 'phpBB Support' started by Ivailo, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Ivailo

Ivailo New Member

Hi there
    i want to edit these style for me to work with following extensions
    24 hour activity stats
    Fancy Stats
    Youtube Videos Gallery
    also asked the author of Collapsible Forum Categories

2. Arty

Arty Administrator Designer

Problem with phpBB extensions is phpBB doesn't have reusable framework for templates. So each extension has its own code that is build to imitate prosilver and doesn't take into account possible variations of that code in customised styles.

If you want to use extensions, you are better off with using prosilver.

3. Ivailo

Ivailo New Member

nah,i have rock forum
    here is the link of it,so i prefer (if it possible) to make digi work correct with these extension

4. Arty

Then you'll have to edit templates and/or stylesheets for those extensions or reconsider using those extensions. Editing requires some css/html knowledge. There are no premade files for those extensions that you can use.

5. Ivailo

Ivailo New Member

well...can you tell me how to edit these files or i upload style here to make this edit for me?

6. Arty

I can't. I'm not familiar with those extensions.

Files you need to edit are in directory "templates" inside those extension's directories. To edit those files use some basic text editor with syntax highlight, such as SublimeText.

7. Ivailo

Ivailo New Member

The reason these extension is in the style i guess.. i think it's style issue, by the way i wokr with notepad++ editor

8. Arty

Its neither style nor extension issue. Its an issue caused by lack of reusable framework in phpBB. See my first reply in this thread.

I think phpBB 4 will have solution for that problem. But in phpBB 3 to make extensions work with customised styles forum owners will have to do some coding.

9. Ivailo

Ivailo New Member

Where i can find PHPBB 4 site or other smth else?

10. Arty

11. Ivailo

Ivailo New Member