Prefixes

Discussion in 'Iconify Support' started by Case, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Case

Case Member

What would be the best way to use SimpleSVG in xF2 prefixes?

It seems html isn't parsed in prefix names so assume I would need to go down a CSS route? I note you don't recommend doing that though in the documentation.

2. Arty

Arty Administrator Designer

Your question doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, XenForo 2 has FontAwesome hardcoded in stylesheet. All icons are generated only in stylesheet using pseudo elements, so its impossible to separate it from font. Entire system is designed to be used only with fonts.

3. Case

Case Member

Which part didn't make sense?

I'd like to include a SimpleSVG icon in a thread prefix name. If you include the html in the prefix name eg.
    HTML:
    <span class="simple-svg" data-icon="typcn-warning" data-inline="false"></span>
    This doesn't get parsed as html so you end up with the code displayed in the prefix name. I was just wondering if there was a (recommended) way to do it?

4. Arty

Arty Administrator Designer

Oh, you meant thread prefixes. I was wondering what prefixes you were talking about. Now it all makes sense :)

I don't know how to add it to HTML. Haven't tried it yet and looks like code for prefix is hardcoded in PHP. So looks like adding to stylesheet is best route.

Its a shame that XF2 is designed to work only with fonts and pretty much hardcoded for FontAwesome.

Case likes this.
  5. Case

Case Member

Yes, sorry, thread prefixes.

It is certainly restrictive. Shame.

I'll see if I can find a workaround. Thanks anyway :)