Lost 3 years of posts

Discussion in 'phpBB Support' started by John C, Aug 22, 2019.

1. John C

John C New Member

Support Request Template
    What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.14
    What is your board's URL? http://countrymusic.org.uk/community
    Who do you host your board with? myself
    How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
    What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
    Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
    Do you have any MODs installed? No
    Do you have any extensions installed? No
    What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0-B1
    What styles do you currently have installed? prosilver2
    What language(s) is your board currently using? english
    Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
    What is your level of experience? Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
    What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? Don't know
    Please describe your problem. I did a yum update on my server and it updated my php to version 7. This will not run phpbb. I had a lot of trouble downgrading to php56 and in the end I lost my hard drive. I started from scratch and made a fresh install of centos 6.5
    When I copied my backup files I found that phpbb would not work. I got all sorts of error messages.
    I then found a backup dated November 2016 which did work. However, the posts finished in 2016 but before I lost it the board was used up to mid July.
    How can I get my latest posts back. I have the database untouched.
    Generated by SRT Generator

2. Arty

Arty Administrator Designer

This forum is for support for styles available on this website. Your question fits better phpBB.com support forum.

I guess you didn't backup database in latest backup. Forum only stores attachments in files, the rest of data is stored in database. Unless you have a backup of database somewhere, nothing can be done.

Old backup is old. Nothing can be done to add new content there if you don't have that new content.

3. John C

John C New Member

Thank you for your reply.
    I went on the phpbb forum, but they have locked the 3.x thread so I cannot get any help there.