Is there any plan to upgrade for Xenforo 2.0

Discussion in 'XenForo 2 Support' started by marring, Jan 23, 2018.

1. marring

marring Member

Hi Arty,

I wonder if the current version of Elegance is supported for Xenforo version 2.x?

Thanks!

2. Živaakcija

Živaakcija Member

3. marring

marring Member

4. Arty

Arty Administrator Designer

Unfortunately its still far from completion. New framework is a massive undertaking, much bigger than anything I've made before.

I can't give any ETA because I don't know when it will be ready, but I'm working as fast as possible.

maszd, Dadparvar, Aivaras and 2 others like this.
  5. Živaakcija

Živaakcija Member

take your time, i have no doubt about quality of final product.

6. Živaakcija

Živaakcija Member

7. Arty

No, that would be up to that add-on, not style.

8. McKolm

McKolm New Member

Are we talking weeks, months or years?
    Your skins is the only reason why I (and a lot of others, I assume) are not upgrading to 2.0
    If this is going to take months - it's easier to find a different skin for 2.0 and upgrade than to wait 6 or more months...

Živaakcija likes this.
  9. Arty

Unfortunately I don't know. During last year I've been hit with several delays caused by other things.

Currently I'm exploring other options, one of which is to temporary stop working on new framework and release update without it, which would make styles much simpler, but would remove all customization options I've been working on. That would significantly decrease amount of development needed.

10. Živaakcija

Živaakcija Member

i dont know why you and other pushing to use xenforo 2(full of bug) i dont see anything wrong why not stay on 1.5 xenforo till @Arty finish XF2 style.
    Give him time to finish, and work alone on all that staff takes much time, personal life to.

mygedz, Sif and Aivaras like this.
  11. Aivaras

Aivaras New Member

Please, take as much time as you need to fulfill your vision as intended. Hastening is the enemy of art.

Sif likes this.
  12. wrkalot

wrkalot New Member

It would be a shame to see you abandon theme development all together. I was at a lose (and still am) when you decided to no longer develop for phpBB3 2.x. Losing your beautiful themes on xF 2.x would be another great loss.

Rokis likes this.
  13. Dabatay

Dabatay New Member

Hi @Arty,

XenForo 2.0... when new themes will be published?

14. Arty

See my post above.

younes likes this.
  15. McKolm

McKolm New Member

It's November already. No news?
    November 2018. Xenforo 2.0 released exactly 1 year ago.

16. Arty

17. Rokis

Rokis Member

Very bad news!
    I have been waiting for XF2 styles update (especially Latte style) for a long time!!! I decided not to migrate to XF2 until styles are adopted to it.

I hope Arty will revert to styles once he finish playing with his iconify project that has completely no sense for me :(