Elegance for phpBB 3.2

Discussion in 'phpBB Support' started by Gaby, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Gaby

Gaby Member

Hi,

I think it's better to create new topic, for better tracking.

Here is my work to convert Elegance for phpBB 3.2 :
    - Github repository
    - Zip file for instant image of theme devlopment (dont use on production forum)
    - Topic on phpBB forum

Thank you for being indulgent, I am a beginner, self-taught developer. Same for English :D

The style is being developed, the files in the 'template' folder and some files in the 'theme' folder are normally ok. I still have to go through several css files.

It is currently usable, but there are probably several display problems.

Bermúdez likes this.
  2. Gaby

Gaby Member

Several changes and theme edits since first commit. Do not forget to empty the cache of your browsers if you do not notice any changes after update.

3. chour27

chour27 Member

Thank's for your work Gaby ! We need it :)

4. Bermúdez

Bermúdez New Member

Thank you so much for your work Gaby!

5. Gaby

Gaby Member

Theme upated to phpBB 3.2.1

6. chour27

chour27 Member

Nice !

I will test it since I'll migrate to 3.2!

7. chour27

chour27 Member

Hi Gaby,

I've installed your theme and it works pretty fine !!

I've got a question : I've installed the green version, but I would like to change two colors : the green (with this green #1FA62E) and the red (with this blue #014575). How can I do this ?
    For the former theme, I used Colorize-it (http://www.colorizeit.com/styles/ph...ty.html#H61fa67aM1h4iO|H6d06d3cM1h05H0fl1cs64) , it was easy :)

My 3.1.10 board (in production) : https://forum.deutz-passion.fr
    My 3.2.1 board (in dev) : http://forumaera51.deutz-passion.fr

Thank's a lot

Charles

8. Arty

Arty Administrator Designer

You can still use colorizeit. Change colors, but instead of download button use option to colorize your files. Upload default color scheme and it will change colors.

9. chour27

chour27 Member

Hi Arty,
    I don't understand how it works.
    I pick the old Elegance theme, change the 2 colors by mine.
    After, I load the zip of the new Elegance theme updated by Gaby), It seems to update something, I push it on my new board, but nothing change :(

What I've missed ?

10. Arty

Probably cache.

11. chour27

chour27 Member

No unfortunately. Nothing is changed when I check the new files

12. chour27

chour27 Member

Another question Gaby : do you know how to change Google & Facebook login button ? Currently it's just words

Attached Files:

13. Arty

Then you are doing something wrong. Maybe uploaded wrong color scheme (you should upload default colors), maybe misunderstood how color sliders work.

14. chour27

chour27 Member

I'm sorry Arty, I'm doing it in the only way possible !
    I "create" my own theme with my colors on the website, after I upload the default theme (this one updated by Gaby), it seems to work and I've got a popup telling me to download the finished work.

I don't understand where I doing it in the wrong way :(

Can you test it for me ?

15. Gaby

Gaby Member

Hi

I've just tested, it works. On Coloreizit, you have to upload an archive witch contains directly theme and template folders, not in subfolder. Try with this one.

Warning: if I update the theme, you will have to make updates in this "new theme".

For Google & Facebook login buttons, where are there? When do they appear? I think it's an extension, right?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  16. chour27

chour27 Member

Hi Gaby !
    I see, I made the archive with this kind of directory :
    <folder theme name> /
    theme/
    template/
    I test like you said, it stills not working. Maybe because I'm running under MacOS with Safari browser ?

I load you archive, it is still the default colors :(

For the logon buttons, have a look here : https://forumaera51.deutz-passion.fr/ There are under the form.

17. Arty

Before clicking download button copy link and paste it here. It includes color changes.

18. Gaby

Gaby Member

I'm running MacOS and Safari too.

Yes, I would suggest that you upload my archive in colorizeit.

Ok but this is an extension that adds these buttons. The modifications are to be made in the extension (and this normally goes beyond the scope of this subject, preferably posted in the phpbb.com extensions forum). What extension is this?

19. chour27

chour27 Member

it finally worked, I succeeded in colorizing it! for buttons, I rather used the native functions for connection (not by extending). Ok for following it in phpbb.com forum ;)

20. chour27

chour27 Member