Air style on phpBB 3.0 missing New topic and Reply topic buttons

Discussion in 'phpBB Support' started by Silvio Arcangeli, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Silvio Arcangeli

Silvio Arcangeli New Member

Hello,
    A few weeks ago I installed Artodia Air (https://www.artodia.com/downloads/phpbb30/art_air.zip) on a phpBB 3.0.12 instance, following the instructions on the related tutorial (https://www.artodia.com/phpbb-30-tutorials/style-installation/).

The style is nice, but now I just noticed that there are no "new topic" nor "reply topic" buttons (and of course I have permissions to create and modify topics, being the superadmin).
    I checked the configuration of the imageset in the control panel, and in fact there is no image specified for those actions, neither for the English language nor for the Italian one.
    I checked the imageset folder, and I couldn't find icon files for those actions.
    The imageset.cfg file, for both the English and Italian packs (the only two I checked, cause they're the ones we need) looks like the following:

Code:
    # Images
    img_icon_post_edit = icon_post_edit.gif*20*53
    img_icon_post_quote = icon_post_quote.gif*20*65

img_icon_user_online = online.png*55*55
    img_icon_user_offline =
    img_icon_user_search =

img_button_pm_forward =
    img_button_pm_new =
    img_button_pm_reply =

img_button_topic_locked =
    img_button_topic_new =
    img_button_topic_reply =

Any clue on how I can solve this?
    thanks!

2. Arty

Arty Administrator Designer

1. You shouldn't be using phpBB 3.0. Its old
    2. Make sure images are actually there.
    3. Do not edit imageset in control panel. It will mess up everything.

3. Silvio Arcangeli

I know phpBB 3.0 is old, but currently I'm sticking with Debian 8 supported version for simplicity and consistency, so that's why we're still on 3.0.12.
    where can I find the missing images? the download package for phpBB 3.0 does not include them. :/

thanks!

4. Arty

I think download package here might include it, but I could be wrong. It has been many years since those styles were maintained.

If you can't find Italian images, simply copy directory "en" to "it"

5. Silvio Arcangeli

Thanks Arty, but in the download package those images are missing even for "en" and "en_us" directories: all languages do only have icon_post_quote and icon_post_edit as gifs, and the imageset.cfg file is similar to the ones I copied above.
    I downloaded also all the previous versions of the theme (2.0.0, 1.1.1 and 1.0.4) and they're all the same, those icons seem to be nowhere. :/

6. Arty

Try refreshing imageset in admin panel or reinstalling style